Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kind of Baggages

I've had a bit of an arduous day getting back from Stockholm and I still have a TON of things to post about but this post about this particular LCF graduate has been due since the MA show last week when her out-of-control luggage caught my eye. Nay, "caught" is an incorrect word. They very elegantly swayed and glided into my path of vision. I wanted to wait until the other half did a very indepth interview with LCF MA Fashion Artefact grad Sarah Williams who has fused her love of impeccable craftsmanship with pushing the boundaries of conventional luggage. I don't think I've ever seen such a literal collision between the new-gen and respect for old techniques. I'll leave her to explain her thought processes and intentions but suffice to say, she's keen on setting up her own design label which means I'm going to start saving up the pennies for the ultimate vanity case and portable trunk complete with overly-specifically shaped pockets for storing all of my odd-shaped accessories.



Luggage_3lrg copy



Luggage_9lrg copy



Luggage_1lrge copy



Luggage_2lrg copy



Luggage_6lrg copy



Luggage_7lrg copy



Luggage_11lrg copy Luggage_14lrg copy



Luggage_5_lrg copy Luggage_13lrg copy



The cases and the work of other LCF MA Fashion Artefacts and Footwear grads are on exhibition until tomorrow at the Mall Galleries if you want to double check that these shapes are....and I can't quite believe I'm ending a post on this... fo' real!

No comments: